We love weddings, yes we do. But there is nothing like your very own wedding.
But not only was our wedding amazing and the beginning of a grand adventure, it offered us a chance to learn more about ourselves, what matters to us and how to be better wedding photographers. Here are some of the things we learned:
- We love, love, love the photos of our family and friends. Our pics are pretty but seeing them happy and engaging with each other always makes us smile.
- Wedding time is a real thing. As the bride and groom, you have no idea that you are late or how long you are actually taking, because you really wish you could stop time. Alas you can’t. Everything zips by. That’s the bad news. The good news is that it is still amazing, and hopefully you get some great documentation of the day so you can relive it. Plus planning more events for the weekend makes it seem a little longer.
- What people care about- you. They want to help. Let them.
- What people don’t care about- wedding favors and aisle runners.
- Hire good people and let it go.
- In particular, surround yourself with pros you trust and like. You will be more at ease and happier about handing over the checks.
- Take time to enjoy the day. Look around, especially during the ceremony. Let the warmth sweep over you. Breathe it in. This is some really good stuff.
And now here’s a little glimpse at August 28, 2005. It’s lucky 13!